The SPL requires that each player have a valid annual SPL player ID card. What’s in it for you? Plenty. We reward our players with benefits not available to the general public. All for just playing in our league.
In order to eliminate substitutions of non-rostered players, having an SPL ID is imperative. Therefore, every player is required to show their SPL ID before entering the field of play. But we didn’t just want to charge you for a card and send you on your way. We wanted to do more for the players. More than any other league has ever done!
When purchasing an annual SPL player ID card, you are provided with exclusive SPL offers and discounts.
Visit the Exclusive SPL Player Membership Benefits Area.
We are the ONLY league to offer our players discounts and benefits with their ID cards.
Registering as a new player? You must first register through APPA as a new player. Start here.
2017 SPL ID Fees
- Pay online 7 days prior to your first event and upload your personal photo: $40.00
- Pay online within 7 days of your first event or wait until the event: $50.00
- Forget to upload your photo or wait until the event to get your picture taken: $10.00
- Lost your ID, need a reprint or even a roster change: $10.00
SPL ID Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am new to tournament paintball, how do I get my SPL ID?
Registering as a new player?
- You must first register through APPA as a new player.
- After completing and submitting the form, you will receive an email that will contain your player ID number which is automatically generated by APPA.
- You will need this number when registering your team for an event.
NEW PLAYER ID FORM:
Information entered must exactly match your government ID. It is important that the information you enter is correct. A few seconds spent now will save you time later.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Choose a username
- Choose a password
- Confirm your password
- Your first name
- Your middle name – Not required but we suggest providing it.
- Your last name
- Your email address
- Confirm your email address
- Phone number
- Zip Code
2. I already have an APPA number, how do I get an SPL Player ID?
- You do NOT need to re-register or create another APPA number.
- Go to the APPA site and log In to your Player Profile.
- Click on the “Picture” tab to upload your personal photo to be printed to your SPL ID.
- Click on the “ID Cards” tab to pay your SPL Player registration fee.
- Select “Social Paintball League” then,
- Click one of the “Buy Now” buttons to pay.
- You’ll receive an email when your photo is approved.
- Bring your government-issued photo ID to the next event to pick up your card.
3. Why do I need an SPL ID?
- The SPL contracts with the APPA, American Paintball Players Association, to identify players and their tournament history. By keeping track of one’s tournament history, the APPA is able to rank players and qualify them based on a ranking system. This ranking system is the measuring stick by which we rank individual players and qualify them for divisions of play that we offer.
- The primary purpose of an SPL ID is to provide a means of verifying a player’s identity and event participation history.
- To insure that experienced players are categorized in divisions that include other players of similar playing experience.
- By preventing “sandbaggers” from registering in divisions of less experience, our goal is to help grow the sport of paintball, make each division competitive and keep it fun for all.
4. When do I need an SPL ID Card?
You will need an SPL ID Card to be a player or staff member in the Social Paintball League. To save money and time, we highly suggest that all participants register for an APPA ID number and purchase an SPL ID card before the date of the event in which you plan to participate.
5. What if I have a previous years SPL ID Card?
- Each player must obtain a new SPL ID each year.
- A new SPL ID insures that each player is categorized and ranked accordingly based on previous years performance, not only from SPL events, but all APPA endorsed tournaments.
6. What is the easiest way to obtain my SPL ID Card?
The easiest and fastest way to obtain an SPL ID Card is online. Waiting until the day of the event will cause you to wait in line and pay more money.
7. Why should I register early for an SPL ID?
All players are eligible for the SPL ID discount by paying for your SPL ID registration fee online and uploading a photograph suitable for printing prior to 7 days before your first event.
- Pictures must be of one individual.
- A close-up portrait similar to a drivers license or state ID picture.
- Although you save $10 by prepaying for your SPL ID, you will be subject to a $5 service charge if your personal photo has not been uploaded for printing or is not suitable for use.
- Personal photo must be uploaded by the close of business Monday prior to your event.
- SPL ID’s purchased after the Monday prior to your event may be subject to as much as a $50 cost.
- Take advantage of this $15 savings buy prepaying and uploading your photo.
- Spend your time on the field and not waiting in line to pay more money and to simply get your picture taken.
8. Do I need to purchase an SPL ID for each event?
No. Your annual SPL ID is good for all events that season. You can play any SPL format in any SPL conference event with an annual SPL ID card.
9. How do I pickup my SPL ID Card?
Players 17 years of age and older MUST have one of the following:
- State-issued Driver’s License or ID Card
- US or Foreign Passport
- Photo US Military ID with Birth Date
Players under 17 may also use one of the following:
- Photo School ID Card with Birth Date printed on ID
- Photo School ID Card accompanied by one of the following: Birth Certificate or Driving Permit
- Photo in Player’s Most Recent School Yearbook accompanied by one of the following: Birth Certificate or Driving Permit